The Genoa Tote will be a well-used and loved addition to your bag collection. It comes in three sizes– small, medium and large – making it a bag for every occasion. To give your bag structure, choose both a medium-weight denim and lining material.
The Genoa Tote includes a zippered pocket, key clip and leather handles. Learn how to sneakily attached the lining to the base of the bag, how to insert a zip, and gain some experience with working with leather.
The leather handles will be pre-cut and supplied, but you’ll be shown how they are made. During the class, you will have hands-on experience of attach the leather handles to the tote with double capped rivets (hammers supplied!). Practice leather and rivets will be available for participants to hone their skills.
This price includes a metal zip, a set of leather handles and also entry to the entire Soul Craft Festival for the day of the masterclass.
At the end of the class you will have made your very own lined denim tote bag with leather handles, to use and enjoy for years to come.
We will supply you with:
- 18cm metal zip (various colours to choose from).
- A leather handle kit (two different handle widths and lengths, and several colours to choose from).
For you to bring along:
- A copy of the Genoa Tote pattern (please remember to bring a copy of the instructions to class
- 60cm medium-weight denim.
- 50cm medium-weight lining material (cotton/linen blends work well).
- 35cm contrast medium-weight lining material for pocket and key fob strap.
- All purpose polyester thread to match your fabric.
- Denim or jeans sewing needle.
- Sewing machine*.
- Fabric scissors (for trimming seam allowances).
- Small sharp scissors (for snipping threads).
- Measuring tape.
- Quick unpick.
- Hand sewing needle.
*Some machines will be available for hire if you are unable to bring your own.
Students are required to be familiar with a sewing machine – threading a machine, winding a bobbin, replacing a bobbin and changing a sewing needle.
Before this class student will be required to purchase the pattern, trace off their preferred size (small, medium or large) and cut out their fabric. Written instructions for tasks to be completed at home will be provided.